Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse
On Friday, 11 January 2013, the Australian Federal Government released the scope and terms of reference for the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sex Abuse.
The Prime Minister explained in her media release that:
“The Royal Commission will inquire into how institutions with a responsibility for children have managed and responded to allegations and instances of child sexual abuse and related matters.
It will investigate where systems have failed to protect children, and make recommendations on how to improve laws, policies and practices to prevent and better respond to child sexual abuse in institutions.
The Commissioners can look at any private, public or non-government organisation that is, or was in the past, involved with children, including government agencies, schools, sporting clubs, orphanages, foster care, and religious organisations.”
Justice Peter McClellan AM has been appointed as the chair of the Commission. Bob Atkinson APM, Justice Jennifer Coate, Robert Fitzgerald AM, Professor Helen Milroy and Andrew Murray have also been appointed as Commissioners.
Inquiries are expected to commence as soon as practically possible. The Commissioners’ final report detailing the results of the inquiry and associated recommendations has been set for 31 December 2015.
We invite you to contact Fabbian Lawyers should you require advice or representation in relation to the Commission or criminal allegations arising from an associated inquiry.
- What is the penalty for breaching Coronavirus COVID-19 restrictions?
- Craig Fabbian & Fabbian Lawyers - Acknowledged Again
- Craig Fabbian & Fabbian Lawyers - Adelaide Leading Criminal Lawyer & Criminal Law Firm 2016
- Driving Whilst Disqualified or Suspended - The Penalty in South Australia
- Fabbian Lawyers – Legal Secretary – Employment Opportunity
- Craig Fabbian & Fabbian Lawyers - Adelaide Leading Lawyer & Law Firm 2015
- Firearms Offences in South Australia
- Craig Fabbian - Adelaide Criminal Lawyer - Minute with a Mentor
- Legal Costs in South Australia - Your Right to Know
- I am pleading guilty - can I be penalised without receiving a criminal conviction?