Independent Commissioner Against Corruption
There is to be an Independent Commissioner Against Corruption (‘ICAC’). Parliament has sought to “establish in South Australia an independent body focussed entirely on preserving and safeguarding confidence and the integrity of the functions performed by public officers, agencies and authorities in South Australia.”
The Commissioner will have several functions including identifying and investigating corruption in public administration. Furthermore, the Commissioner will refer matters for prosecution. Conduct relating to public officers including bribery, threats and dishonesty offences will fall under the scope of what is to be considered by the Commissioner.
The information contained within this article is intended as a general overview and discussion of the subjects dealt with. The information provided here was accurate as of the day it was posted; however, the law may have changed since that date. This information is not intended to be, and should not be used as, a substitute for taking legal advice in any specific situation. Craig Fabbian and Fabbian Lawyers are not responsible for any actions taken or not taken on the basis of this information.
- Craig Fabbian & Fabbian Lawyers - Adelaide Leading Criminal Lawyer & Criminal Law Firm 2016
- Driving Whilst Disqualified or Suspended - The Penalty in South Australia
- Fabbian Lawyers – Legal Secretary – Employment Opportunity
- Craig Fabbian & Fabbian Lawyers - Adelaide Leading Lawyer & Law Firm 2015
- Firearms Offences in South Australia
- Craig Fabbian - Adelaide Criminal Lawyer - Minute with a Mentor
- Legal Costs in South Australia - Your Right to Know
- I am pleading guilty - can I be penalised without receiving a criminal conviction?
- Drink Driving Penalties in South Australia
- Fabbian Lawyers - Gold Alliance Firm